Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Wednesday Wrap-up: 5/3/17
The decision has been made to self-publish Old School Evil. The agent search, though short, has been extremely disheartening. I haven't come to this decision lightly, but I want to have creative control over the project, including cover and other art assets and I feel this is the best way to go. It'll still be a while before I'm ready to publish though - I've decided I want to go through another draft or two to clean things up and add some stuff in. I think in the end, the book will be that much better for it. I'm also hoping to get into a critique group that covers finished novels so I can make sure it's totally ready.
Because of the changes to the plan for Old School Evil, a few things have been cut as well. As I originally envisioned making a toyline and a webcomic that used the toys, I realized that was way too much work at this time and have put it on the backburner. I would still love to make the toys someday, but I think I'd prefer to wait and see if I receive any amount of success with the book before I try it. Maybe I'll do some Heroclix-type figures before stepping up to full-sized action figures, but that's still going to be a while.
I'm still planning to finish the show's various titles and logo images, but I think it'll be a little while before I finish any more of them. I need to rework a number of the logos I've already shared here. And probably redo that terrible Flashback page.